"The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money...or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most."
- Charles Shulz
Perhaps this quote needs no explanation. But I want to share how I perceive the message given here. I think there is a two-fold message here. One is about finding out the people who fulfill this definition. All you need to do is to make a list of people
- who have helped you at different times
- who have been kind to you.
- who have cared for you.
- who have empathized with you
- who have been a source of comfort and solace to you in times of need
- who have been willing to give you a hearing when you wanted to pour out your feelings.
- who have felt genuinely happy about your successes
- who have accepted you for what you are.
The other side of this is obviously the question whether and to what extent you have fitted in the lives of other people on the above considerations.
This simple analysis will help you remember the people who have cared for you. You will also remember your own obligation to care for the people you interact with. You can also be caring towards a stranger whom you may meet just once in your life that too only for a few moments and can make a difference to their feelings, if not to their lives..
The list of pe