Monday, October 14, 2013

Have A Check on Your List!


In my previous post, I discussed the usefulness of a list. Coincidentally, I underwent an experience yesterday that highlighted not just the importance of the list but the care you need to take in preparing the list. While making a list of things to do, we are apt to omit what we consider routine tasks. Routine tasks of various types. There are some which become part of our day to day life. You don't have to write 'Brush your teeth.'

There are certain other tasks which we don't do everyday abut which we normally remember to do. These may include going to a temple or church on a particular day, checking your bank balance through net banking  twice a week etc. There are certain other tasks which may be considered routine but we may not always remember to do.

October 13, 2013 was celebrated as Saraswati Puja or Ayutha Puja in the southern part of India, especially in Tamilnadu.. This is an annual festival during which people pile up their books tools etc in front of a portrait of Goddess Saraswati, the Goddess of Learning,  and perform a puja (a ritual of worship). Puja is also performed on vehicles.

I have the habit of cleaning my two wheeler and performing a puja on the Ayutha Puja day. But I missed doing it this year because I did not include  this activity in my list of things to do for 13th October. I remembers it only this morning. Then I realized how easy it is to slip up. If only I had applied my mind on thinking what was special about the day while preparing the list for the day, I wouldn't have slipped up.

The lesson I learnt was that even things considered routine cannot be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment